After the adoption of the new traffic law, which intensified the penalty for many traffic violations, many motorists began to take precautions so as not to fall under the law, while others did not realize the size of the penalty that they could receive as a result of committing a traffic violation, they may think that it is simple. In the following lines, we will try to clarify the most important violations that require imprisonment and a fine, and violations that cause the car license to be withdrawn.
The following violations are punishable by imprisonment for a period not exceeding 6 months, and a fine of not less than 300 pounds, and not exceeding 1,500 pounds, or one of the two penalties:
- Non-compliance with placing the electronic sticker while driving, or tampering with it in order to destroy it and cancel its validity.
- Non-compliance with the prescribed speeds for some roads.
- Non-compliance of transport vehicles to place the license plates assigned to them, or to use the plates of another vehicle.
The rest of the following violations are punishable by imprisonment
- Driving a car without brakes.
- Manipulation of vehicle data proof as defined by law.
- Deliberate obstruction of traffic inside streets or roads.
- Change the vehicle data or the color of the plates assigned to it.
- Failure to complete the vehicle licensing procedures for establishing a driving school.
- The driver of the vehicle assaulted a security officer or a traffic policeman while performing his work.
- The driver of the vehicle committing an indecent act on the public road.
11 Violations that require the license to be withdrawn
- Driving at night without using front or rear lights.
- Untie the car hook without referring to the traffic police assigned to do so.
- The use of high lights in violation of the decision.
- In the event of a violation of the taxi itinerary.
- There is a fault in the taxi meter.
- Driving the taxi outside its governorate without obtaining a permit from the traffic.
- Lack of safety requirements inside the vehicle.
- People riding in the car from outside.
- Waiting or parking the car at night on unlit roads without using the car lights.
- The absence of the reflective triangle inside the car.
- Using the car in processions and gatherings without obtaining a permit to do so.